Well I randomly logged onto our blog today and I noticed I had not blogged for four months! Boy we've been busy.
An update on our last little while...
April-
We finished up finals and moved out of our apartment. Packed all our things into one tiny little trunk and headed on the road to ALASKA. Our first stop, Boise... to pick up our precious little dalmatian puppy, Teera, from a breeder. We had the entire backseat reserved for her, but she mostly wanted to sleep on our laps. :) This little lady stole our hearts immediately.
Unfortunately, she wasn't doing very well. The first few hours were great and then that night was a disaster. She hadn't eaten anything for more than 24 hours, had diarrhea and was vomiting a white foamy liquid. We took her into the vet on Sunday and found out she had Parvo virus. We were completely shocked because Teera was from a BREEDER! She had all of her shots! Nothing made any sense! As soon as we heard the vet give the test, our hearts broke. Some of our closest friends lost a puppy to Parvo... and what the puppy goes through is truly horrifying. Jared and I had a hard time with our decision, but we thought of what would be best for her... and put her down. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Needless to say... the rest of the trip through Canada was miserable. Everything was dead and nothing was fun without her.
When we finally arrived in Valdez, we were drained... but we were glad to be home. With only a few days before our internships started, we spent the days enjoying the scenery.
End of April/ May-
Jared began internship with Stan Stephens doing marketing. It is extremely fun for him and good for us because they work around his schedule and he still gets to work on the boats. Over the summer, he really developed a hobby for wildlife photography These are some photos he has taken:
And I could go on and on.
I seriously married such an awesome guy :)
As for me... My internship also began at the hospital doing marketing/communications. I absolutely loved it. Each day was doing something new and fun and I worked with such wonderful people.
June-
Jared still working hard and my internship coming to a close. At the 15th when my internship ended, I was offered a paid position working for the hospital and a paid position at the city parks & recreation dept through the end of the summer. I accepted both, in addition to already working at the visitor center.
So that leaves us here. July. Work, work, and work.
Other than that... here are a few of the fun things we have done:
skipping rocks on Valdez Glacier...
lots of hiking fun...
ultimate frisbee
awesome temple trips and girls nights...
crazy bonfires...
and rafting in various locations...
Well... that's our summer. And I can honestly say that coming up here for this summer is the best decision we have made in a long time. Spiritually, mentally, emotionally.. it has been so rejuvenating.
What's up next? The Chase's will be heading back to school around the first of September and will go year round until we graduate! WOO!
Love,
Jared & Leticia































No comments:
Post a Comment