Saturday, October 15, 2011

GOOD NEWS

Well hello. Yes I do realize it has been four months since I last blogged. Sheesh. Jared and I have been pretty busy.

August- Eric's wedding in Utah. We flew down just for six days and had a blast with everyone and soaked up some sun we missed during the summer. First day we stayed with the grandparents and then left for some family time in Provo. Also this was the day I discovered they sell dippin dots in the store now. CRAZY. The next day was the wedding. It was madness. Until the temple. The ceremony was absolutely perfect and the reception was beautiful. We were so so happy for the both of them.




We were having lots of good memories of our wedding day, too. It was really nice.



It was also awesome because I finally got to spend some time with Jared's cousins!


Including a memorable mini cousin party to say goodbye to Grant and Callie.



And of course we went to seven peaks :) Oh it was so much fun.

Then we finished up our internships and jobs, said our goodbyes to family and drove our way back to Idaho! The drive itself was much MUCH better than the last time. We stayed in a beautiful place on the first night called Little Teslin Lake in YT. We had a little private cabin right on the lakeside. It was beautiful weather and everything was absolutely perfect.

Here is the view from outside our cabin...

We drove really long hours, but it was so nice to be together. I realized along this drive that people pay thousands of dollars each year to be able to go and see what we saw. How blessed we are. We even stopped in Jasper National Park and Banff. As far as what we saw...

Lots of incredible scenery...


Sign post forest...

Lots of Black Bears

Big Buffalo

Caribou


Wild Goats

Also.. moose, big horn sheep, lynx, tons of birds

oh yeah.. and


cool.

Then we went to the College Cousin Cabin Party. Jared got to go fishing for trout (and baked them.. yum!). We got to go horse back riding. Rebecca and I sat and painted. We even hiked to sheep mountain falls. Fires and smores. The good stuff.


Then we got all settled into our new cute and wonderful condo. I absolutely LOVE it. We spent some good time enjoying what was left of summer... hiking, duck pond,


(p.s. This one is my favorite. His name is Albert Einstein.)



and then Jared and I started into work and school.



It is truly incredible the miracles we have seen in our lives since we have been back. This is where we belong, and I am so happy to be here.

So what has been happening lately?

Incredible trip to Yellowstone (Old Faithful at SUNSET)




Wonderful visit from Grandparents



Awesome conference.



Midterms... Bleh

Visit from Rebecca!


FOO FIGHTERS CONCERT!





Bear World :)






Jared's 24th birthday in 6 DAYS! (OLD)

Halloween Party.


Oh and here is the good news.... JARED GOT A JOB! It is so awesome because it pays well, he works the same hours as me in a building close to me and he even gets his own desk! Woot!

Also. Jared has been getting very good at photography and even set up his own website to sell his Alaska photos. Check it out http://jaredchase.zenfolio.com.

These are some more recent...

Rexburg Temple

Sunset

Night Photography




Local Idaho Wildlife...



(ha. Idaho Wildlife.)

So in a nutshell we are great. We love life. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you updated! I love all the pictures and we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! What a fun few months :) Looks like you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete